Monday, June 13, 2011

I can do nothing for you son

True Grit was such a well done movie, I know the original is before my time but I feel as if I must watch it for a basis of comparison. If The Duke was then what Jeff Bridges is today, I am sure it will be a good movie. To me what made this movie as great as it was would be the writing and the casting. The Coen brothers far exceeded my expectation even though I am a huge fan of No Country for Old Men and The Big Lebowski. The witty back and forth banter between characters as well as the choice of wording left me feeling nothing short of entertained and amazed. At first I didn’t feel Matt Damon was appropriate to play Texas Ranger LaBoeuf, but that he is such a good actor he managed to perfect the character and do a great job. I have always loved Jeff Bridges and Josh Brolin, but the real acknowledgement goes to Hailee Steinfeld as little Mattie Ross. The makers of this movie struck gold when they found her as she stole the spotlight. Usually I do not care for younger actors but she earned her place in Hollywood and with her talent she deserves to have a flourishing career.  

No comments:

Post a Comment