Saturday, June 11, 2011

Going out, Adele's style

Last night at Adele’s I ordered a Charlie’s Chubby Chuck Burger, pan fried ground chuck with grilled onions, chillies, pork belly, avocado, and melted sharp cheddar cheese. Holy crap did my taste buds go for a ride. The burger, cooked to a perfect medium rare, fell apart like butter in my mouth, but the real home run hitter for me was the pork belly, imagine not quite ham, not quite bacon, but somewhere in between cut in quarter inch slices striped across your burger, just thinking about it today makes my mouth water. The combination of these foods put together between a toasted bun washed down with a glass of merlot made for a wonderful evening. My wife ordered the always pleasing Ahi Tartare, finely chopped ahi marinated with sesame oil, ponzu sauce, avocados, and scallions served with pickled seaweed. Served with toasted and buttered ciabatta wedges and washed down with a chocolate martini, a combination ordered frequently by her, but I guess if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. Of course I was lucky enough that she saved me a bite. My quest continues to find a plate of food that Charlie Abowd makes that I don’t like, I think ill be searching for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment